The infant and toddler specialist program is designed to offer caregivers of young children, birth through three, with training and technical assistance. The goal of the program is to ensure young children are cared for in environments that are safe, caring, and developmentally appropriate.
- Offers services in DeKalb, McHenry, Lee, Ogle, Whiteside, and Carroll counties for Family Child Care Providers and Centers caring for infants, toddlers, and two year olds.
- Provides on-site consultations, observations and resources to infant and toddler programs.
- Offers assistance with classroom management, scheduling, transitions and other topics.
- Promotes healthy infant and toddler development.
- Encourages positive daily interactions between caregivers and children.
- Presents the Program for Infant Toddler Care (PITC) Training Series.
Call 815-758-8149 or 800-848-8727 ext. 222.
This year 1,800 babies will lose their lives to SIDS. Join our efforts to keep all babies safe while they sleep. Click on the button above to make sure you have a safe simple sleep setting.