Community Health Worker
This is a limited, grant funded position working in McHenry County thru 10/31/2021.
Application closing date: 3/10/2021
The Community Health Worker will work to decrease the spread of COVID-19 through specialized and individualistic work with clients. CHW will work with clients who do not often fit well within the standard medical model. This position will work to decrease the disparities in health due to COVID-19 and will help advocate for social and environmental needs as they arise. The CHW will work closely with PCPs, Local Health Departments, and Community Based Organizations to provide wrap-around services to encourage clients to remain in their homes while positive with COVID-10. The CHW will create a foundation of trust for continued care of socially vulnerable populations.
- Build rapport and connection with clients in an empathetic manner.
- Assist clients in scheduling, accessing, and utilizing telehealth services with their primary care provider. If the client does not have a PCP, work to get the client established with a PCP.
- Screen clients for Social Determinant of Health Issues (SDOH) and make service referral as appropriate.
- Provide clients with resource information by utilizing local database systems and the IPHA Resource list.
- Practice social distancing, mask wearing, and always use proper PPE.
- Able to identify symptoms of distress and act/intervene appropriately.
- Collects data for the program by being accurate and timely in documentation of client encounters.
- Protect HIPPA of clients participating in the CHW program.
- Participate in all IPHA required meetings and trainings related to the CHW program.
- Ability to think critically and make decisions based upon information you are provided with
- Must be able to maintain professionalism with clients, coworkers, staff and referring agencies.
- Transportation required, must also have auto insurance.
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently with limited oversight.
- Ability to communicate effectively by telephone, in person and digitally. This includes texting, phone calls, emails and video conferencing, as necessary.
- Ability to navigate stairs, curbs, and other environmental obstacles.
- Ability to deal with time sensitive requests.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
Education and Experience:
- Must have experience working in community work, this can include advocacy, volunteering, etc.
- Must be willing to see the inherent worth and dignity of each client.
Please send resumes to: Kim Lamz – firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closes: 3/10/2021