4-C: Child Care Assistance Program Eligibility & Intake Specialist
Status: Three (3) Full Time Positions, 35-hour work week, Monday – Friday
Reports To: Tracy Carls
Location: DeKalb Office at 155 N Third St Suite 300 and McHenry Office at 667 Ridgeview Drive
(Occasional travel within our six-county area)
Determine eligibility for the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) according to the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) policies, procedures, and contract requirements. Provide information, technical assistance and referrals to families and child care programs paid by the state of Illinois. Support seamless services to new and existing families. In addition, when necessary, assist families with referrals to find quality child care that meets the needs of their family.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process applications, redeterminations, change of provider, and other paperwork for the Department of Human Services Child Care Assistance Program (IDHS) according to the policies and timelines stated in the IDHS Child Care Policy Manual. Provide follow-up and request for additional information as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date family and provider records, including detailed case notes, in the IDHS online child care management systems.
- Provide technical assistance to providers and families regarding CCAP policies and procedures and the completion of paperwork.
- Provide technical assistance to providers regarding payment options and tracking methods.
- Assist families seeking child care with referrals, consumer education, information and resource materials about quality child care and community resources.
- Provide enhanced referrals, CCAP Case Management and community referrals for high-risk families including: TANF Recipients, teen parents, families experiencing homelessness, families with children with special needs.
- Follow up with high-risk families served regarding access to services and additional needs.
Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate level of skill with Microsoft 365, databases and internet usage
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task
- Strong ability to work independently
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to successfully handle challenging interactions
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to build and support relationships
- Work effectivity as a team member
- Bilingual candidates preferred
Associates Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent education; and/or experience in social work, customer service or related field. College credits and or work hours must equal 2 full years of education and or full-time work.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send Tracy Carls your Resume AND Cover Letter.