The goal of the program is to ensure young children, birth through three, are cared for in safe, caring environments that meet their developmental needs.
Our Infant Toddler Child Care Specialist:
- Serves family child care and center providers caring for infants, toddlers, and two year olds in DeKalb, McHenry, Lee, Ogle, Whiteside, and Carroll counties.
- Provides on-site consultations, observations and resources.
- Assists with classroom management, scheduling, transitions and other topics.
- Promotes healthy infant and toddler development.
- Encourages positive daily interactions.
- Presents the Program for Infant Toddler Care (PITC) Training Series and other trainings.
Contact the Infant Toddler Child Care Specialist at 815-758-8149 x222 or Email
The Infant Toddler Child Care Specialist does not monitor or investigate child care programs. Any visits to child care programs are to provide consultation, technical assistance, resources and support.
Funded by the Illinois Department of Human Services